Apparently the Lowndes County Commission has noticed the new provisions of the Georgia Open Records and Open Meetings laws that VLCIA's lawyer explained to the Industrial Authority back in May, seeing these two items on the agenda for Monday morning and Tuesday evening:
5.a. Adopt Resolution Appointing an Open Records Officer
5.b. Resolution Regarding Review & Approval of Minutes of Executive Sessions
Plus infrastructure for two subdivsisions, one of them the famous Glen Laurel, several well/septic rezonings, approval of USGS Funding Agreement for HWY 122 Stream Gauge (one of the four that let us know about river flooding in Lowndes County less than a month ago), a beer license, and approval of the changes to the ULDC that were discussed in the recent Planning Commission meeting, in the public hearing the public didn't know about. And more.
Here's the agenda.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2012, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2012, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Work Session — August 13, 2012
- Regular Session — August 14, 2012
- Adopt Resolution Appointing an Open Records Officer
- Resolution Regarding Review & Approval of Minutes of Executive Sessions
- Adopt Resolution accepting infrastructure for Glen Laurel Subdivision Phase II
- Adopt Resolution accepting infrastructure for Crestwood Subdivision Phase IV
- Appointment — Keep Lowndes/Valdosta Beautiful
- Public Hearings
- REZ-2012-12 Parker Place, 4842 Parker Place Rd., 0070 015; 3.4 ac., 3 lots, E-A to R-1, well/septic
- REZ-2012-14 Harris, 6926 Jones Dr., 0139 023, 6.8 ac., 1 lot, E-A to R-A, well/septic
- TXT-2012-01 — Primary Intent: Appendix A Land Disturbance & Clean Version of ULDC
- Public Hearing Renaming Sandy Creek Drive (CR #1118)
- Beer License — Lin's Hibachi — 1078 Lakes Blvd.
- For Consideration
- Letter of Understanding — Bond Refunding
- USGS Funding Agreement for HWY 122 Stream Gauge
- Section 5311 Rural Transportation Program Operating Contracts
- Declaration of Surplus Vehicles
- Brown Bag Ordinance
- Bid - Rescue Pumper for Lowndes County Fire Rescue
- Reports-County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard Please State Name And Address