It's curious how the Lowndes County Commission can hold a public hearing for a single beer, wine, and liquor license, but not for doing away with the solid waste collection sites that affect 5,000 county residents. And what's this "Special Assessment Rate for 2013"? At today's early morning work session maybe they'll say, or perhaps at tonight's regular session, both on the same day because of yesterday's holiday.
Here's the agenda.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2013, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2013, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street – 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Minutes for Approval
- Work Session — January 7, 2013
- Regular Session — January 8, 2013
- Appointment — Valdosta/Lowndes County Airport Authority
- Public Hearing — Beer Wine & Liquor License — Rascal's — 4875 Hwy 41
- For Consideration
- Special Assessment Rate for 2013
- Abandonment of a portion of Old State Road (CR 16)
- Replacement of the Jail Fire Alarm System in Buildings 001 & 002
- Reports-County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard Please State Name And Address