Pictured: newly elected Commissioners Page, Evans (re-elected), Slaughter, and Marshall
- Bill Slaughter, Chairman, At-Large
- Joyce E. Evans, Commissioner, District 1
- Richard Raines, Commissioner, District 2
- Crawford Powell, Commissioner, District 3
- Demarcus Marshall, Commissioner, District 4
- John Page, Commissioner, District 5
Their Commission web page still has at the top this mission statement:
“To provide an efficient, effective and responsive local government to all citizens of Lowndes County while maintaining the financial strength to meet any contingency”
The county government has apparently been pretty good about that last thing (although that $8.9 million discrepency could make some wonder). On responsiveness, not so much, considering the trash non-solution railroaded through at the last meeting of the previous Commission. Maybe this new Commission will be different.
Here's the agenda.
LOWNDES COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
WORK SESSION, MONDAY, JANUARY 7, 2013, 8:30 a.m.
REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, JANUARY 8, 2013, 5:30 p.m.
327 N. Ashley Street — 2nd Floor
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
- Introduction of the New 4-H Agent
- Minutes for Approval
- Work Session — December 10, 2012
- Regular Session — December 11, 2012
- For Consideration
- Approval of the Commission Meeting Schedule
- Workers Compensation Insurance Renewal
- Renewal of Public Defenders Services Contract & Operating Contract for 2013
- Valdosta/Lowndes County Industrial Authority — Request to Purchase Property
- Bid — Multi Function School Activity Bus for 4H
- Reports-County Manager
- Citizens Wishing to be Heard Please State Name And Address